Officials with a fireworks company in eastern Missouri say a flash fire apparently injured three workers, one of them seriously.
The fire was reported Tuesday at Global Pyrotechnic Solutions near Dittmer in Jefferson County.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the three workers were assembling fireworks when the fire occurred.
Company president Susan Harvey said in a statement that raw materials used to manufacture a component of one of the products ignited, causing a “flash-over” fire that workers were able to quickly extinguish.
One of three injured men suffered severe burns. He was being treated at Mercy Hospital St. Louis’ burn unit in Creve Coeur.
Two other employees were treated and released from St. Clare Hospital in Fenton.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.