Two Hospitalized in Minnesota After Incorrectly Mixing Chemicals

November 23, 2011

Two workers at a Hopkins, Minn., health club were rushed to the hospital after inhaling pool chemicals that were mixed incorrectly.

First responders were called to LA Fitness Monday after the two men, ages 29 and 31, were having difficulty breathing. Authorities say the men created a toxic vapor cloud when they mixed the wrong chemicals. They were taken by ambulance to Hennepin County Medical Center. KARE-TV says one of the men remains in critical condition.

The pool and locker room area were evacuated while firefighters cleared the air. The men are employed by a private pool maintenance company that contracts with the club.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.