The amount of disaster aid paid out in response to flooding in North Dakota this year has surpassed $175 million.
FEMA says the total includes private and public assistance.
People and businesses in Barnes, Benson, Burleigh, McHenry, Morton, Ramsey, Renville, Richland and Ward counties and on the Spirit Lake Reservation are eligible for private aid. They have until Aug. 23 to apply. The Federal Emergency Management Agency says that more than 9,200 people have registered so far and more than $84 million has been approved.
The U.S. Small Business Administration has approved about $89 million in low-interest disaster loans to people and businesses in North Dakota.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.