2 Workers Badly Burned at Indiana Factory

July 7, 2010

Authorities say two workers were badly burned in a flash fire at an auto parts factory in Evansville, Ind.

City Fire Department District Chief Dan Grimm says the workers at Guardian Automotive Trim were using a chemical to clean a paint booth on July 5 when a halogen light was knocked onto the floor and ignited the fumes.

Grimm said the initial explosion was out quickly, but the workers’ clothing caught on fire. The names of the man and woman weren’t immediately released and they were taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., for treatment of their burns.

Authorities ordered everyone out of the plant until after firefighters completely checked the building.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.