The Lancaster County Board has rejected a $1 million claim from the driver of a pickup that collided with a Norris, Neb., school bus last summer.
Jeffery Hall says he suffered serious injuries in the Aug. 24 crash and has amassed more than $200,000 in medical bills.
His attorney, Vince Powers, says the county knew – or should have known – the rural intersection west of Firth needed a stop sign. A stop sign had been at the intersection but was missing at the time.
The bus was carrying 47 students. Twenty-three students were hurt, but none seriously.
Hall intends to file a lawsuit, but under state law, he first had to file a claim with the county.
Powers said that a similar claim against the Norris School District is pending.
Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, http://www.journalstar.com
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.