Investigators are looking at an electrical short or a clogged dryer vent as possible causes of a weekend fire at an Elk River apartment building.
No one was injured in Saturday’s fire at Lions Park apartments, a 61-unit complex.
The fire broke out in a third-floor attic area.
Firefighters from 10 departments battled the blaze.
The west portion of the third floor was gutted. More than 100 people were displaced by the fire.
Elk River Police Chief Jeff Beahen says damage likely will be “in the millions.”
The state fire marshal is investigating.
Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.