900 Hay Bales Burn in Blaze in Iowa

February 21, 2008

An overheated skid loader is being blamed for starting a fire that destroyed a farm shed and 900 bales of hay, officials said.

Firefighters from four area communities responded to the blaze. When they arrived, smoke was billowing from the pole building. Crews battled the blaze for six hours.

No damage estimate was available.

Information from: The Gazette, http://www.gazetteonline.com.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.