N.D. Apartment Complex Fire Forces More Than Two Dozen to Leave

May 11, 2006

A fire believed to have started in a chimney caused heavy damage to a 14-unit apartment complex in Fargo, N.D., forcing more than two dozen people to leave their homes.

No injuries were reported, and residents were thankful to neighbors who alerted them.

The fire was reported shortly after 12:30 a.m. May 10.

Assistant Fire Chief Dean Myer said it appeared to have started in a fireplace chimney. Residents were kept away overnight because of the damage.

The Red Cross said it provided hotel rooms for 24 people while others stayed with relatives or friends.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.