The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) will hold several classes for employers in January around Ohio to help them prevent workplace accidents and reduce costs. Employers and employees from a variety of fields can gain information about workplace safety in their specific industries.
Through safety education, BWC hopes to decrease the number of workplace injuries throughout Ohio. Employers can protect their employees from harm by preventing accidents and being proactive about safety during day-to-day operations. In addition, the information gained during safety classes can help a business maintain a positive safety record, and therefore, save money on premiums.
These classes are free to all employers who have an active BWC policy. All classes begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 4:45 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
Cambridge Customer Service Office
61501 Southgate Parkway, Cambridge
– Accident Analysis – Jan. 5
– Lockout/Tagout – Jan. 18 (ends at noon)
Canton Customer Service Office
402 Second St. SE, Canton
– Bloodborne Pathogens – Jan. 12 (ends at noon)
– Ergonomics: Basic Principles – Jan. 31
Dayton Customer Service Office
3401 Park Center Drive, Suite 140, Dayton
– Ergonomics: Developing an Effective Process – Jan. 10
Garfield Heights Customer Service Office
4800 East 131st St., Garfield Heights (Cleveland area)
– Enhancing Safety Through a Drug-free Workplace – Jan. 10 (ends at noon)
– Effective Safety Teams – Jan. 18
– Safety Management for Public Employers – Jan. 25 (ends at noon)
Governor’s Hill Customer Service Office
8650 Governor’s Hill Drive, Cincinnati
– Hazard Communication – Jan. 18 to 19 (ends at noon on second day)
– Hazwoper Refresher – Jan. 26 (ends at 5:00 p.m.)
Ohio Center for Occupational Safety and Health
13430 Yarmouth Drive, Pickerington (Columbus area)
– Asthma! Is Your Company at Risk? – Jan. 4
– Ergonomics: Developing an Effective Process – Jan. 5
– First Aid in the Workplace – Jan. 11
– Laboratory Safety – Jan. 11
– Machine Guarding Basics – Jan. 26 (ends at noon)
Owens Community College, Center for Development and Training
2249 Tracy Road, Northwood (Toledo area)
– Hazwoper Refresher – Jan. 5 (ends at 5:00 p.m.)
– Fall Hazard Recognition, Avoidance and Protection – Jan. 18 to 19
– Controlling Workers’ Comp Costs – Jan. 24
Portsmouth Customer Service Office
1005 Fourth St., Portsmouth
– Fundamentals of an Effective Safety and Health Program – Jan. 18
Youngstown Customer Service Office
242 Federal Plaza W., Youngstown
– Personal Protective Equipment Selection Criteria – Jan. 5 (ends at noon)
For additional information on the classes listed above, other classes offered or to register, go to the Safety services section of BWC’s Web site ohiobwc.com. You also may register by phone at 1-800-OHIOBWC.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.