As people make their New Year’s resolutions, AAA Minnesota/Iowa would encourage those with driver’s licenses to resolve to be better drivers.
Across the country every year, drivers kill more than 40,000 people and seriously injure more than a million more people on roadways.
All drivers should comply with the laws put in place for everyone’s safety as well as the common sense all adults should possess. AAA Minnesota/Iowa would ask all drivers to resolve to:
* Obey the speed limit.
* Drive sober.
* Buckle up.
* Use proper child passenger restraints for children.
* Pay attention- hang up the cell phone, stop personal grooming, and adjust all controls including the radio prior to beginning your drive.
* Stay awake or pull off the roadway for a nap. More caffeine is not a safe solution.
* Control your emotions-remember your automobile is a deadly weapon.
* Use your signals and your mirrors-remember there are millions of other drivers and vehicles on the roadway with you.
Resolutions to eat less or exercise more may help your health, but resolving to be a better driver will keep you, your loved ones, and the rest of the public safe and alive to enjoy the New Year.
AAA Minnesota/Iowa (www.aaa.com) offers automotive, travel, insurance and financial services to more than 48 million members in the United States and Canada. AAA Minnesota/Iowa is part of The Auto Club Group, with 4.1 million members in eight Midwest states.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.