A Mexican official in Baja California Sur has been suspended amid reports linking him to possible looting in the aftermath of Hurricane Odile.
A statement from the government of Los Cabos says the civil protection coordinator for Cabo San Lucas has been removed pending the outcome of his “legal situation” before prosecutors.
It said Monday that the move does not prejudge his guilt or innocence.
Many stores in Los Cabos had their shelves emptied in the days after the hurricane hit earlier this month, as power, water and telephone service remained out.
Mexican media reported that a number of possibly ill-gotten items were found at the official’s home, including a motorcycle, six tires, two sandwich makers and three microwave ovens.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Hedge Funds Make Their Move as Litigation Finance Assets Slump
Verisk Report Shows Drop in US Reconstruction Costs in 2Q
Adani Enterprises Reaches $275 Million Settlement With Treasury
Half of Pilots Killed in US Accidents Tested Positive for Drugs