SCM Insurance Services announced that it has completed the acquisition of the property/casualty businesses of Granite Global Solutions.
The businesses being acquired are known by the following names: Granite Claims Solutions, a national adjusting firm; Granite Health Solutions, a provider of medical assessments and health services; CKR Global, a national provider of risk mitigation and investigation services; and Rochon Engineering, a forensic engineering and environmental consulting company.
The claims, health and investigations businesses will be added to the corresponding business units in SCM Insurance Services, respectively ClaimsPro, Cira Medical Services and Forensic Investigations Canada (FIC). Rochon Engineering will continue as a standalone company.
Day-to-day operations will continue seamlessly with services completely unaffected. Customers can continue to contact their existing client representatives for any needs they may have.
The executive leadership of the business units is as follows:
- ClaimsPro and Granite Claims Solutions, as a combined company, will be led by Bob Fitzgerald, president of ClaimsPro. Michael Holden, president and CEO of Granite Claims Solutions, will serve as a special advisor.
- Cira Medical Services and Granite Health Solutions will operate as distinct brands. Karen Seward remains president of Cira and Ian Elliott remains president of Granite Health Solutions, which operates under the brands of Sibley & Associates, Total Rehabilitation Management (TRM) and Multi Disciplinary Assessment Centre (MDAC).
- FIC and CKR Global will be led by Robert Burns, president and CEO of CKR Global. Len Copp, president of FIC, will become chief operating officer.
- At Rochon Engineering, Doug Tremblay remains in his role as managing partner.
- SCM Risk Management Services (RMS) and Opta Information Intelligence (Opta)’s leaders are Patrick Garuk and Greg McCutcheon, respectively.
- SCM Insurance Services executive team led by Larry Shumka, president and CEO, is comprised of Ken Hansen, CFO, Jim Campbell, CIO, and Raymond Off, CHRO (chief human resources officer).
TorQuest Partners, a Canada mid-market private equity firm, is the majority shareholder of SCM Insurance Services. Genstar Capital, a San Francisco-based private equity firm, is the majority shareholder of Granite.
Source: SCM Insurance Services
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.