A popular boat ride at Disneyland Paris is closed and under police examination after a 5-year-old boy suffered serious injuries in an accident.
The theme park said in a statement Thursday that the boy’s condition is improving but he remains hospitalized. The boy fell out of a boat Wednesday on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, and the circumstances of the accident are under investigation.
The statement said the attraction is closed until further notice to allow investigators to examine it.
An official at Disneyland Paris said the ride had undergone maintenance checks the day of the accident and that this is the first incident of its kind on the Pirates ride.
Disneyland Paris is one of Europe’s biggest tourist attractions, and hosted 16 million visitors last year.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Allstate Introduces Large Language Model, ALLIE
Severe Thunderstorms Across US Midwest Trigger Flood Warnings
‘Guac Signal’ Sparked Chipotle’s Frantic Bid to Recall Jalapeños
Tornado Alley’s on the Move and Creating New Risk Concerns, Modeler Says