AIG WorldSource, a division of the Domestic Brokerage Group of American International Group Inc. (AIG), has opened a local claims operation headquarters in Dubai, U.A.E. to enhance regional claims capabilities in the Middle East for its Defense Base Act (DBA) insurance program.
The Dubai claims headquarters is staffed with experienced Iraq- and Afghanistan-focused claims teams with expertise in providing the following services:
* Investigating and adjusting claims of insured employees, including Iraqi nationals injured or killed while working under DBA contracts;
* Investigating and adjusting claims of missing persons;
* Investigating and adjusting claims of missing equipment;
* Evacuation and state-of-the-art medical care for seriously injured employees of insureds, including Iraqi and third country nationals;
* Local claims handling in Arabic and Turkish for Iraqis and third-country nationals;
* Referral to representatives in Baghdad that can contact beneficiaries to ensure payment of DBA benefits;
* Through a newly established benefit delivery system in Iraq, safe and secure payment of benefits are ensured;
* Utilizing AIG WorldSource’s claims offices in San Francisco, Dallas and New York for claims that must be adjudicated in the U.S.
In addition to enhancing claims capabilities, AIG WorldSource is working with Houston-based AIG Assist to provide emergency travel services within the DBA program. These services are available 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week and provide insureds with comprehensive travel and medical assistance in the event of an emergency, including legal referral, language interpretation, medical transport and security evacuation, among others.
The WorldSource DBA program also offers Natural Causes Group Term Life coverage for death not incurred due to an accident to DBA contractors and their employees. This coverage protects the insured’s family for the loss of life due to illness with coverage up to $100,000 provided with no medical underwriting required.
Mandated by the Defense Base Act of 1941, all primary and sub-contractors working in overseas locations on contracts funded by the United States government must secure workers’ compensation coverage known as DBA insurance.
For more information on AIG WorldSource’s DBA program, contact John Thompson, assistant vice president of Marketing, AIG WorldSource, at email@example.com.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.