Dublin-based Research and Markets has announced the addition of “Climate Change and the Insurance Industry” to their offering.
“The 1st Edition of Climate Change and the Insurance Industry report is a 75-page study of climate change and its impact on the insurance industry,” said the announcement. The research firm said the “report takes a concise look at what climate change is, what the current consensus is on its environmental impacts, what’s being done to limit climate change, how it may impact insurers, and what insurers can do to protect themselves.”
The Scope of the report includes the following topics:
– Overview of Greenhouse Gas Emissions and their Impact On Climate Change
– Description of Current Weather Trends
– The Role of Insurance in Natural Disasters
– The Impact of Climate Change on Coverage, Claims, and Capital
– Changing Customer Needs for Insurance Due to Climate Change
– Reducing The Risk of Climate Change
– Limiting and Reducing Losses from Climate Change
– Alternative Risk Transfer Methods
– Key Insurer Actions on Climate Change
It also includes information on what actions many of the world’s leading insurers, including Munich Re, Swiss Re, Allianz and Aviva, have taken to meet changing climatic conditions.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.