Fire Causes $85,000 in Damage to Delaware Home

January 7, 2015

Officials in Delaware say a fire that caused an estimated $85,000 in damage to a home in Wilmington was accidental.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office said Sunday that the fire was caused by a faulty wood-burning fireplace.

The Fire Marshal’s Office says Saturday’s fire spread to the first and second floors of the home in the 200 block of West Summit Avenue before being contained.

The Fire Marshal’s Office says three adults and one child were displaced as a result of the fire but no one was injured.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.