Some volunteer firefighters in southern New Jersey are getting new turnout gear thanks to a $75,000 grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
FEMA’s money to the Leesburg Volunteer Fire Company in Cumberland County will purchase 25 sets of coats, pants, helmets, gloves, boots and face masks.
Fire Capt. Joseph Sterling says 84 percent of the firefighters have gear that is ten years old. He says the other 16 percent don’t have any gear.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.