Cooking Fire Causes $20k Damage to Delaware Home

July 21, 2014

Officials say a fire in Newark, Del., that did $20,000 in damage to a home in Newark was accidental.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office says that the fire at a home on Dunleary Drive was reported shortly before 2 a.m. Saturday. Officials say cooking oil ignited on the stovetop when left heating without someone watching.

Smoke alarms sounded and two adults were able to escape from the home. A man suffered burns but refused to be transported to a hospital.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.