Prince George’s County officials have laid out a $15 million plan to shore up the ground in a Fort Washington neighborhood and allow most of the 28 property owners affected by a landslide earlier this year to return home.
Unfortunately the county has only $11 million to implement the plan.
At a meeting Wednesday with homeowners in the Piscataway Hills neighborhood, county officials expressed hope that the state could fill the funding gap in the county’s proposed plan.
If enacted, the county would buy six homes deemed unsalvageable, and do repair work on an eroded slope and roadway to make the remaining 22 homes habitable.
Heavy rains in May triggered a landslide that rendered the affected homes unsafe.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
USDA Says Argentine Beef That Missed Inspection Is Recalled
AI Data Center Boom Is ‘Maxing Out’ P/C Insurers, AIG CEO Says
Edison Judge Balks at Holding Utility Liable for LA Wildfire
Hawaii Faces Rare Hurricane Strike as Storms Batter Indiana