Vermont Laundromat Blast Caused by Ignited Cleaning Solvent

June 10, 2014

Police in Burlington, Vermont say a man is hospitalized with burns to his arms and upper body after a fire and explosion at a city Laundromat.

Police say they received multiple calls about an explosion and man on fire at the Laundromat in the Little Eagle Bay section of the city.

Authorities say the man told them he was pouring lacquer thinner on a vanished floor while a nearby dryer was operating when he and the floor suddenly flamed.

The man, who works for a flooring company, told them he ran outside and then heard an explosion.

Police did not identify the fire victim, who told them he was not smoking while working.

Officials say the man is being treated for moderate burns.

Burlington firefighters put out the fire.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.