A former eastern Pennsylvania home of race car driver Mario Andretti has been gutted by a fire.
The state police fire marshal says the blaze was accidentally sparked by a hot lawnmower parked among combustible materials in the garage.
Andretti built the Nazareth home in 1967 on what was then known as Market Street. The street was renamed Victory Lane in 1969 to commemorate Andretti’s win at the Indianapolis 500.
Daughter Barbara Andretti says her parents sold the home in 1999.
Vigilance Hose Company No. 1 Fire Chief Danny Keenhold says the current owners were not home when the fire broke out Thursday evening. He says the house is a total loss.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.