Five people were displaced when a dryer fire damaged a condominium in southern New Jersey.
No injuries were reported in the fire at the Sixty Acre Reserve development in Jackson, which broke out around 3:50 p.m. Saturday. Authorities say the blaze remains under investigation but is not considered suspicious
Jackson police tell the Asbury Park Press that the fire caused smoke damage to the second-story home and damaged a downstairs unit. Leaky hoses on a nearby washing machine also contributed to water damage in both units.
The American Red Cross’ Jersey Coast chapter is assisting the displaced residents with temporary housing and other matters.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.