A snowboard instructor says he was at fault in a skiing accident at the Jay Peak ski resort in which a 5-year-old girl was seriously injured.
But William Vincent of Montgomery tells a federal court that he was employed by the resort at the time.
The Burlington Free Press reports Vincent submitted a statement in the lawsuit filed by the family of Juliana Kane of West Newbury, Mass. They said she was taking a ski lesson in April when Vincent came down a hill at a high rate of speed and collided with her.
Resort president Bill Stenger had said Vincent had been fired a week earlier for an unrelated incident. Vincent said in his sworn statement Monday he was employed and was using a Jay Peak ski pass.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Bodily Injury Is Now A Big Share of Auto Claims Payouts. Is AI to Blame for That Too?
USDA Says Argentine Beef That Missed Inspection Is Recalled
Allstate Introduces Large Language Model, ALLIE
GM Sets Up $4.5 Billion Plan to Ensure Supply of Critical Parts