Faulty Piping Work Led to Gas Explosion in New Hampshire

September 26, 2013

Fire officials say piping work that didn’t comply with building codes led to a propane gas explosion inside a house in Conway, N.H.

Conway Fire Chief Stephen Solomon tells WMWV-FM the source of the problem was most likely the home’s hot water heater.

The house has been condemned and will be torn down Wednesday.

Meanwhile, the condition of the homeowner, identified as 53-year-old Philip Murphy, appears to have worsened. He was listed in serious condition at Maine Medical Center in Portland on Wednesday morning. On Tuesday, he was in fair condition.

He had smelled gas at the home Monday afternoon and opened the door when the explosion happened in the basement.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.