Welding Equipment Starts Delaware Garage Fire

April 18, 2013

Delaware fire investigators say automotive welding equipment started a garage fire that injured a Kent County man.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says the reported the fire around 9 p.m. Monday at his home in Wyoming, and firefighters reported heavy fire coming from the detached garage when they arrived. Fire companies from Delaware and Maryland were called in, and it took them about an hour to control the blaze.

The homeowner was taken to Kent General Hospital, where he was treated for smoke inhalation and released.

The fire marshal says the fire started when automotive welding equipment ignited nearby combustibles. Damage is estimated at $50,000.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.