Connecticut’s attorney general says he sympathizes with families affected by the deadly Newtown school shooting but the state isn’t liable for the harm inflicted.
Attorney General George Jepson responded to a New Haven attorney’s request to the state claims commissioner last week to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor.
Jepson says people affected “deserve a thoughtful and deliberate examination” of the tragedy and appropriate public policy responses. But he says the claims commissioner’s office isn’t the appropriate venue.
Attorney Irving Pinksy said his request is about school safety. He said his client sustained “emotional and psychological trauma and injury” on Dec. 14 after a gunman forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and killed 20 children and six adults and then killed himself.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Odey Settles Sexual Assault Cases Ahead of London Trial
CommScope Sued by Lenders for at Least $150 Million Over Alleged Breach
Typhoon Season in Northwest Pacific Seen Most Active in a Decade
Snap, YouTube Settle School-Social Media Suit Ahead of Trial