Embers Blamed for Fire That Destroys Vermont Home

September 26, 2012

Vermont officials are blaming embers from an outdoor fire pit for a fire that destroyed a home in Cambridge.

Officials say firefighters were called to the home of Norman and Susan Miller at 11:15 p.m. Saturday. The back of the house was engulfed in flames when crews arrived, and the house was unable to be saved.

Authorities say the Millers were awakened by smoke alarms and their barking dog. Norman Miller was treated and released for burns to the bottom of his feet and his fingertips.

Fire officials say the blaze has been ruled as accidental and most likely started when embers blew out of an outdoor fire pit and landed on outdoor furniture near the residence.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.