Director Julie Taymor has reached a deal in New York to settle a lawsuit she brought over the Broadway production of “Spider-Man.”
The settlement was disclosed in a document filed Thursday in federal court in Manhattan. Settlement terms were not immediately released.
Taymor had said the current hit Broadway production, “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,” was based on the unlawful use of her copyrighted written works.
Taymor was fired last year and the musical’s script was rewritten after the $75 million production had trouble getting past previews. The musical has since become a success. The lawsuit said damages would exceed $1 million.
Taymor sued the producers in November and they countersued. The producers say Taymor’s treatment was based on pre-existing “Spider-Man” comics and films.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Iran Starts Bitcoin-Backed Ship Insurance for Hormuz Strait
Half of Pilots Killed in US Accidents Tested Positive for Drugs
Verisk Report Shows Drop in US Reconstruction Costs in 2Q
Airbus, Air France Found Guilty in 2009 Rio-Paris Crash