The death of a utility worker who was electrocuted while on the job in central New Jersey has been ruled an accident.
Monmouth County prosecutors announced their findings on Saturday, one day after 20-year-old Richard Grande of Lacey Township was killed while working along on Daum Road in Manalapan.
Grande was an apprentice lineman for Jersey Central Power & Light. Co. Specific details on how the accident occurred have not been disclosed, but published reports have said a utility crew was working on a downed line when Grande apparently came into contact with a wire that turned out to be live.
JCP&L Spokesman Ron Morano said the company was “deeply saddened” by Grande’s death. But Morano declined comment on the accident, citing the ongoing investigations by county and federal officials.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.