The father of the three girls killed in a Christmas morning house fire is suing the city of Stamford, Conn., his ex-wife’s contractor boyfriend and several others who did work on the home.
The Stamford Advocate reports that Matthew Badger’s lawsuit was filed Wednesday in Superior Court.
Among other things, it alleges that contractor Michael Borcina failed to install a smoke detection system while doing renovations on the house. Borcina escaped the blaze along with the girls’ mother.
Borcina’s criminal attorney, Eugene Riccio, said Thursday that another attorney was being hired to handle the civil case. Stamford’s director of legal affairs, Joseph Capalbo, declined to comment.
Last month, Stamford State’s Attorney David Cohen said he found no criminal negligence in investigating the fire.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Verisk Report Shows Drop in US Reconstruction Costs in 2Q
Adani Enterprises Reaches $275 Million Settlement With Treasury
AAA Forecasts Record Memorial Day Drivers Despite High Gas Prices
34,000 PG&E Customers Without Power on California Fire Risk