Boiler Blamed in Poisonings of Connecticut Family

May 2, 2012

Greenwich, Conn., officials say a boiler problem was to blame for the carbon monoxide poisonings of seven members of a local family.

A man, woman and five children ranging from 3 years old to high school age were taken to Greenwich Hospital on Monday morning after falling ill from carbon monoxide poisoning while they were sleeping. Authorities say all the victims are expected to fully recover.

Acting town Fire Marshal James McDonald told the Greenwich Time has a carbon monoxide detector, but it did not go off for some reason.

Firefighters shut off the boiler and ventilated the house. Officials say the home is safe as long as the boiler remains off or gets repaired.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.