Delaware Apartment Fire Displaces 20, Candle Blamed

February 7, 2012

Delaware fire officials say a blaze at an apartment complex has forced 20 people from their homes.

Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Robert L. Fox told The (Wilmington) News Journal that one person suffered smoke inhalation and was treated at Christiana Hospital before being release Saturday. No one else was injured.

Fox say the fire is believed to have been caused by a candle in a basement apartment. The blaze gutted the apartment and smoke and water damage prevented others from returning to their apartments.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.