Fire officials say no one was injured in an evening blaze at a Dartmouth College sorority house in New Hampshire.
The Hanover Fire Department said a house member at Epsilon Kappa Theta discovered the fire before 6 p.m. Saturday and pulled the fire alarm to alert other house members.
A fire crew found flames spreading from the second floor ceiling to the third floor. Firefighters opened up the ceilings and walls to put out the fire and keep it from spreading to the attic.
The fire department said the house sustained moderate fire and smoke damage. Dartmouth was working on temporary housing for the sorority members until the house can be repaired.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.