Investigators say a fire that heavily damaged equipment belonging to Powhatan High School’s marching band was probably sparked by friction between a trailer and one of its tires.
Officials tell the Richmond Times-Dispatch the fire-damaged musical instruments and new uniforms were valued at about $100,000.
The fire occurred after the band had returned as the grand champion from a weekend competition in Virginia Beach.
The nearly full trailer is used to haul the band’s equipment to and from events.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.