Fire officials in Mount Savage, Maryland say it will cost a couple thousand dollars to repair flood damage to a school auditorium after an equipment failure caused about a foot of water to fill the room.
Mount Savage Fire Chief Elwood Lashley Jr. say firefighters responded early Sunday morning to an alarm at the Mount Savage School, a combination elementary and middle school in Allegany County.
He says an air compressor malfunction caused one of the school’s rooftop heating units to go into high gear.
Lashley says it got so hot inside the auditorium that one of the sprinkler heads burst and flooded the room.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.