Small Fire Forces Evacuation of Middlebury College Dorms

October 13, 2009

Three dormitories at Middlebury College were evacuated when a small fire broke out in a dining hall kitchen.

Spokeswoman Sarah Ray said two employees were cleaning the kitchen at about 5 a.m. Sunday when the fire ignited, apparently from of a propane leak.

One employee put out the fire with an extinguisher while the other called for help. Nobody was hurt.

Ray said the dining hall and adjacent residential halls were evacuated, with students able to return by 6:50 a.m. after fire department officials declared the area safe.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.