More than 65 firefighters brought a fire under control at the former Pioneer Plastics plant in Auburn, Maine.
No injuries were reported in the fire, reported at 6:30 p.m. Monday.
Fire Chief Wayne Werts told the Sun Journal the blaze broke out in duct work that runs the length of the building. He said investigators did not have a reason why the material in the duct work overheated and caught fire.
Residents were not evacuated, but were told to stay inside and turn off their air conditioners.
The business now houses a company called Pionite Decorative Surfaces.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.