Candle Blamed for Boston Fire That Caused $600K in Damage

August 18, 2009

Boston fire officials say an unattended candle started a blaze that heavily damaged a multifamily home and displaced about 30 people in the Roslindale section of the city.

Officials say the candle that ignited Sunday morning’s fire on Seymour Street was left burning on a first-floor porch. Authorities say the blaze caused about $600,000 in damage.

The fire also spread across an alley and damaged rear porches at a building on Rowe Street.

Fire officials say one firefighter injured his shoulder and was taken to a hospital, and another was treated at the scene for apparent heat exhaustion. No residents were injured.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.