Delaware Man on Oxygen Treatment Burned after Lighting Cigarette

May 6, 2009

Police in Dover, Delaware say a 78-year-old man on oxygen treatment was critically burned when he lit a cigarette, igniting the oxygen.

Police said the fire began at the home in the 400 block of Nimitz Road around 2:20 p.m. Saturday.

The Dover Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire.

Dover police spokesman Lt. Tim Stump says the man was burned on his face and body. He was flown to Crozer Chester Burn Center in Chester, Pa., where he was last listed in critical condition.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.