Gov. John Baldacci says northern Maine has sustained less damage from spring flooding than a year ago, but that state and local officials need to help some people driven from their homes.
Baldacci visited Marsardis and Ashland in Aroostook County on Saturday.
The governor’s office said Baldacci met with the MacDonald and Carney families in Masardis, where both family homes were badly damaged and are currently uninhabitable.
Earlier in the week the governor visited Knox and Waldo Counties to survey damaged roads in Lincolnville, Hope and Camden.
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
NTSB Says UPS Didn’t Act After 2011 Boeing Letter on Defect
New York Homes Most Exposed to Hurricane Risk, Beating Miami
Adani Enterprises Reaches $275 Million Settlement With Treasury
Tackling The Growing Threat of Legal System Abuse