Electrical Failure Eyed in Massachusetts Pet Hospital Fire

March 13, 2009

A fire at Cape Cod Animal Hospital that killed three cats and a dog has been blamed on an electrical problem.

State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan said Wednesday an investigation found arcing of an electrical feed compromised natural gas piping to the building, causing a leak that later ignited.

Fire officials say the Monday night fire started in the main veterinary offices. A veterinarian broke the kennel door with a cinder block so the animals could escape. Those animals were taken to another hospital.

A dozen dogs were rescued.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.