A 17th dog has died in the aftermath of a propane truck explosion at a northeastern Pennsylvania kennel.
Fifteen dogs died Friday and the delivery truck driver was critically burned in the 2 p.m. explosion at Pazzazz Pet Boarding kennel in Franklin Township.
Thirteen dogs were taken to animal hospitals. One of the kennel’s owners, Karen Tracy, says a three-year-old Chow Chow died Saturday. Another was euthanized on Sunday.
The driver, Timothy Kleinhagen of Summit Hill, had been listed in critical condition Saturday evening at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest. A hospital spokeswoman says he was upgraded to stable condition Sunday afternoon.
Officials say a spark or static electricity may have started the blaze.
Information from: The Morning Call
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.