Investigators have declared a 23rd arson in a part of southeastern Pennsylvania that has been plagued by suspicious fires this year.
The latest blaze happened in a trailer home just outside Coatesville late Friday night. Investigators now say the blaze, which destroyed the home, was arson.
The scene is in East Fallowfield Township, about six miles south of Coatesville.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives says there have been 18 arsons in Coatesville and five in surrounding areas since Jan. 1.
The Coatesville police chief announced earlier Friday that everyone under the age of 18 must be off the streets by 8 p.m. The city’s curfew had been 10 p.m.
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
NTSB Says UPS Didn’t Act After 2011 Boeing Letter on Defect
Snap, YouTube Settle School-Social Media Suit Ahead of Trial
CommScope Sued by Lenders for at Least $150 Million Over Alleged Breach
Trump Set to Sign AI Cybersecurity Directive as Soon as Thursday