Federal regulators have proposed $42,000 in fines against a western Pennsylvania roofing company that had two workers electrocuted when their scaffolding hit a power line.
Fifty-two-year-old James Bolen, of Jeannette, and 50-year-old William McNemar, of Turtle Creek, worked for W.R. Buzz Daily & Son of Monroeville when they were killed July 17.
The men were working in Murrysville, about 15 miles east of Pittsburgh, when they were killed.
Officials say the men were touching a scaffold bar when it slipped and hit the power line.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration says the company violated regulations by erecting the scaffold within 10 feet of power lines. OSHA says the company had a lack of fall protection for workers more than six feet off the ground.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.