Space Heater Blamed in Vermont Fire

January 20, 2009

A space heater is being blamed for a fire that destroyed a historic building in Chelsea.

The blaze broke out Friday night in a three-story building that once housed a grange hall and more recently was home to a laundromat and pizza parlor.

Assistant Chelsea Fire Chief Alan Ackerman says the fire apparently started in the basement, where a space heater was being used to keep pipes from freezing.

The fire knocked out power to about 50 homes and businesses for about four hours.


Information from: The Times Argus

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.