Firefighters say an explosion at a trash-to-energy incinerator in Biddeford, Maine blew panels off the building and started a fire.
Officials say the explosion at the Maine Energy Recovery Co. plant Tuesday afternoon was likely caused by a propane tank or some other pressurized object going through a trash shredder.
The blast blew two sets of panels off the building and ignited a small fire that was quickly brought under control. One worker suffered minor injuries.
Explosions occur periodically at the plant when propane tanks are mixed in with other waste.
Information from: WMTW-TV
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.