A bulldozer has caught fire at a home construction project in a small community north of New York City.
Firefighters say the bulldozer’s engine compartment erupted in flames Sunday morning at a home in Pearl River, a hamlet in Rockland County. They say the flames from the burning diesel fuel took about 15 minutes to put out.
Five to 10 gallons of the fuel leaked.
Firefighters used absorbent pads to contain the fuel and called in the county’s hazardous-materials team to help with the cleanup.
The cause of the fire hasn’t been determined.
Information from: The Journal News
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.