Workers Electrocuted in Pennsylvania Identified

July 22, 2008

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner has identified two men who were electrocuted when scaffolding they were erecting hit a power line.

The dead men are 52-year-old James Bolen, of Jeannette, and 50-year-old William McNemar, of Turtle Creek.

Both are employees of W. R. Buzz Daily & Son of Monroeville.

A third man who is in his 40s was taken to UPMC Mercy hospital in Pittsburgh for severe burns.

Officials say the men were all touching a scaffold bar when it slipped and hit the power line about 9:15 a.m. Thursday.

The incident is being investigated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.