Police are investigating another suspicious fire in an abandoned home in Clayton, N.C.
Multiple media outlets reported that last Saturday’s fire was the ninth intentionally set in the town about 15 miles southeast of Raleigh since October 2009.
Wilson Mills Fire Chief Ricky Barbour said the burned house had been abandoned for decades and had no power. Barbour said authorities and landowners are taking steps to secure other abandoned homes in the town.
Eight other abandoned homes or those under construction in the Clayton area have been set on fire since Oct. 31, 2009.
State police are helping local investigators determine whether the fires are related.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.