A lawsuit targeting California coffee houses for not including warning labels on their products tops the U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform’s (ILR) list of the Top 10 Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2018. This year’s list features lawsuits by a rude French waiter and over cheese on a McDonald’s hamburger.
The Top 10 Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2018 from FacesOfLawsuitAbuse.org are:
- Lawsuits Over Coffee? Lawsuit About Warning Labels Brewing in California (Los Angeles, California)
- Kind Snack Bars Sued for Putting Vitamin C in Bars (Brooklyn, New York)
- Woman Wants More Junior Mints, and Files Class Action to Get Them (Chicago, Illinois)
- Man Sues to Change His Age—for Online Dating Apps (The Netherlands)
- Waiter Fired for Being Rude Claims He’s Just French, Files Discrimination Lawsuit (Vancouver, Canada)
- Man Gets $5 Million for Ant Bites (Hamilton County, Florida)
- Trial Lawyers Draft Up Ridiculous Lawsuit Over Kona Brewing Labels (San Jose, California)
- Customers Sue McDonald’s Over Unwanted Cheese (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- Woman Sues Canada Dry Ginger Ale for not Containing Real Ginger (Buffalo, New York)
- Man Suing StarKist Tuna Over a Health Logo (Syracuse, New York)
The Faces of Lawsuit Abuse campaign is a public awareness effort created by ILR to highlight absurd and ridiculous lawsuits filed against businesses, families and communities across America and around the world.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.